Monday, December 12, 2011

House and other updates





We got an offer on our house. It is so low that it is almost criminal, but I guess that is what the market is holding now. Someone is going to get a very nice property for very little money. Right now we are still in negotiations. Hopefully we can get a final contract signed soon and the process moved along. Right now the closing date is set for March 21st, I think. I don't know if that is feasible for the bank, but I am not really looking forward to moving in the dead of winter. I have to look on the bright side though and realize that the sooner we move, the more money we can sock away. It is a daunting task to consider though.


Dolly and Samurai went to Lee's yesterday. It is weird not having any animals to take care of anymore, but it is kind of nice too. I was starting to dislike going out on cold mornings. It also frees up a lot of time for me, so that now I can work out again in the mornings before work. Four chickens were killed by what we think was a raccoon. We have only two girls left and I was desperate to find them a good home before we leave for Cuenca on the 27th. Luckily, Finn's Reading teacher is going to take them. Now all we have are the two cats. We have come full circle in 4 years. Donkeys to sheep to goats to chickens to horses and back around again. What an amazing experience owning, learning about and caring for these animals. I learned so much about myself and gained a lot of valuable experience.



Weekend events: Spent a great evening with Uncle Steve watching Star Wars and playing on the Fire. Tali, Finn and Steven bonded over Angry Birds. We had a nice steak dinner and just relaxed and talked. We really enjoyed seeing him.



Saturday, Tali and I went to a Girl Scout cookie selling rally. Painful. That is all I'm going to say. We have another meeting this Thursday to give out awards. I told Jennifer that she will have to find someone else to take over for me in February because I have no idea where we will be or where we will be living in a couple of months. Mark, Finn and Pat went to Columbiana. They picked up my new wedding ring, went to visit Grandma Franklin and then had dinner with Mark's harem.



Sunday, we met Lee at Fin, Feathers and Fur to pass Dolly and Samurai to her. Dolly moaned contentedly the whole ride. She is so funny. Our Christmas presents to ourselves this year were nice rain/windbreaker jackets and really good hiking boots. Things that you always need while in the mountains are a waterproof jacket, umbrella, sunglasses and hat.



This week is our holiday program so I spent a lot of time this weekend working on the power point presentation, polishing things up and grading papers. Friday we are going to STRS for the final meeting. Mark has 4 years for sure that we can buy. We are waiting on the paperwork for the 5th year. We are hoping to go to see Amanda's office and then maybe out for lunch before our appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment