Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Beautiful Days and Musings

 
The weather had been just beautiful lately.  I haven't been caught in a torrential downpour in a week or so.  lol  We went for a walk on Sunday down by the Tomebamba.  I'm glad I brought my umbrella.  That sun is brutal.
 
Colegio Benigno Malo.  A gorgeous building, but it needs
some work.




The mountains are stunning on these clear
days, but the pictures don't do them justice.




We finally got our car!  Yeah!!!  It is in the shop right now getting all checked over and the suspension fixed.  We should have it back today or tomorrow.  On Friday we are going to Paute to see the farm of a yahoo group friend, Vladimir.  It will be nice to go exploring again. 


2003 Mitsubishi Montero 4X4
Since we have turned away from the creamery idea and have let our minds start to drift away from that frenzy I have become much more relaxed.  I am exercising every day in the morning and taking cat naps when I need it to keep my chronic fatigue at bay.  I can feel myself starting to slow down and enjoy where I am.  To live in the moment.  My jaw tenses up and hurts only once in awhile. (I suffered from horrible TMJ and bruxism due to job stress.)  The weather is just gorgeous and that is a balm to the soul.  My nails have never been this hard nor have grown this long.  I have already had to cut them twice and they are due for another cutting.  Must be all the Vitamin D.  I am feeling more comfortable in the city and the language is coming easier as long as the person is speaking slow enough. I am not feeling like a complete stranger, but more as if I belong here.  It is nice to finally feel at home.

Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I have plenty to be thankful for.  Family and friends, all the time in the world to spend with my children, and the blessings of a new country.  We are going to have dinner at Don Colon restaurant just the four of us.  It will be nice to give thanks as a family, but we will also be thinking of our family back in the states and missing them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment