Thursday, November 3, 2011

Saying Goodbye Through the Tears





I woke up last night at 4:00a.m. freaked out that I hadn't said goodbye to the goats. Of course I have been trying to prepare myself, but this is going to be a much, much harder goodbye. Really hard. Raisin pressing her head against my chin and chest, eyes half-closed while I stroked her chin. Juliette's beautiful face and those floppy ears. Holly's sweet, sweet personality. Uno...the first animal born on our farm. I will miss even his stinky self. I have to keep reminding myself that I am burnt out. I need a break. And they are going to a great home. Oh, but this is hard. :(

We have an appt. for someone to come look at the house tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. I got a lump in my throat thinking about saying goodbye to goats. I know it's hard.

    ReplyDelete