Friday, August 3, 2012

Lots to do and pictures to prove it.

This week we had to get a few more things for our lawyer...more notarized copies of our passports, more passport photos and a piece of paper from the immigration office called a "migratorio movimiento"  or is it "movimiento migratorio"?  What was supposed to be a quick stop at the mall turned into an expensive one.  I got a nice, warm hat for hiking in the Cajas and Tali got some really cute hiking boots.  Mark bought a drill so that we could hang our artwork on the walls.

In the backpacking store they have a climbing wall.  This is the second time they have climbed on it and they are starting to get the hang of it.



Here are Tali's new boots.  She just loves them.


Getting copies of our passports made.  It was cool and a bit rainy that day.



We managed to squeeze in a trip to Coopera.  Live crabs.


Yesterday was the first sunny day in awhile.  Every time the sun comes out I am mesmerized by the mountains and just want to take picture after picture of them.  This is taken from our house looking down our street.


We walked to a store that is similar to Bed, Bath and Beyond.  We are still looking for the elusive bathroom cabinet.  This was the view while we walked to the store.



I was so excited to hear that the Hummingbird Exhibit was coming to Cuenca.  It was in Quito and then in Guayaquil.  It is here for the month of August.  I think there are 65 sculptures.  Each one painted by a different painter.  Here are some of our favorites.



Tali and Finn liked the pregnant lady. 







This is the Justice Center in Cuenca. (I think.)  It is gorgeous.



The kids have been bugging us to go on the double decker tour bus again and we told them we would go on the next sunny day.  We are fools.  It was so hot.  But you can't beat the view when you climb to Turi on a clear day.


Listen to what Tali says at the end.  Hope you can hear it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=voriuPnlrgI

This street leads to the stadium.  Our house is on the other side.

This is Ecuardo Vega's shop and gallery.  He is probably Cuenca's most famous ceramicist.  He lives in a very beautiful spot in Turi with a gorgeous view of the city.







View from Turi.


Last stop for the day was going to Casa Flores to make sure that our furniture was going to be delivered tomorrow.  We decided to walk to Moca for dinner which was a little hike. We had to go through this construction and we just walked on through.  You never would have been able to do that in the states.


4 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud at the video. Totally something my son would say! Beautiful pictures...Color me jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be hear soon enough! At least to visit anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great performance by "Jigs". LOL

    PS there is a reason we don't walk through construction in the States. It's called "safety".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally got caught up and read your blog while drinking my morning coffee. WOW!

    I absolutely love those dinner plates.

    I never even thought about the altitude difference when it came to cooking.

    When we moved to MN I finally got my first freezer with an ice maker. I had no idea what I was missing:)

    Love all the pictures of the kids. You are truly amazing when it comes to documenting and sharing all this information.

    The pictures of the landscape and mountains are stunning. I wonder if you will ever take it for granted after living there for awhile.

    The store where Mark got caught taking pictures looks incredible. All those fruits and vegetables....yum. I'm not sure how you are drinking those shakes. I like all those vege's and fruits but not blended up together. My brother has one of those blenders and loves it too.

    I read so much and had more comments but my memory isn't what it used to be. Again....I enjoyed reading about your experiences. Can't wait to see what God has in store for you next:)

    ReplyDelete