Sunday, May 13, 2012

17 More Days!

We are finally in the home stretch as far as work goes.  Yeah!  17 more days.  I have started compiling a list of Never Have To Do Agains.  At the top of the list is not having to make my lunch ever again, not having to go to work when I feel sick, and not having to feel guilty about missing a day when I do stay home sick or with my sick kids. But at the very top of the list is to never feel the guilt of giving more to my classroom kids than to my own two children. 

The best news we got this week is that we qualified for the Early Separation Plan.  Another Yippee!  That money will SO come in handy.  Now we won't have to dip into my retirement as much if at all.

The bad news that we got this week however, is that Mark may have some serious medical issues.  He had a MRI on his brain and eyes on Friday.  Now we are waiting for the results, which he will get on Tuesday.  I am trying really hard not to think the worst and to hope for the best.  He started seeing cross-eyed about three weeks ago and last week he met with a nuerological/opthamological team.  They took a picture of his eyes and it showed that the optical nerve was swollen and pushing into his eyes.  Now they need to find out why.  I'm scared.

This week is going to be super busy.  Tuesday is Put-in-Bay with our class, which I am really, really looking forward to.  The weather is supposed to be perfect.  I hope the kids are well-behaved and have a good time.  Mark has his follow-up with the drs. on Tuesday and that night Mark will be taking Finn and Tali to their spring concert, which I will be missing unfortuntely.  Luckily there is a small encore performance on Sat. that we will be attending.  Wed. is 1/2 day.  Thursday is Girl Scouts and Mark's colonoscopy plus Scout is being groomed in the evening.  Friday is the acupuncurist for me, and then meeting the kids and Mark at Amherst Middle School for the Art Festival of which Finn is participating again this year.  Phew!  A lot to think about and worry about.

We got the yard mowed today and I set up the porch furniture.  Yesterday we went to breakfast at Fresh Start and then Mark took Finn with him to visit Grandma and Phil.  Tali and I stayed home because she has pnuemonia again.  We went for a walk, cleaned the kitchen from top to bottom, and finished her book report on Beverly Cleary.  She did a great job on that.  Today we met Mom and Dad for brunch at the Feve.  YUM!  I had blue cheese and pear pancakes.  Sounds disgusting, but they were so good.  The food is so delicious there.  We really should go more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment