Sunday, May 27, 2012

Alone Time

I really enjoyed myself yesterday.  I walked Scout in the morning before it got too hot.  Today and tomorrow are going to be in the 90's.  I will not miss this heat.  According to an article I read, this summer is going to be a scorcher.  The heat just saps our strength and we spend all day in the AC.  Yuck.  It is going to be weird living in a place that stays pretty cool all year round.  And I love the fact that there is little to no humidity, although some folks are finding out that the dry air causes them some problems.  I hope that Finn and Tali don't suffer too much with this change in climate.  Tali's allergies are off the chart right now, and Finn's nose is constantly bleeding  even after two cauterizations. 

I went to the bank to get the money and then headed to Tractor Supply for my annual t-shirt run.  I think it is so funny that I get my t-shirts at TSC, but they really have some cute stuff!  Of course, not everyone wants to wear a t-shirt that says, "Deja Moo.  I've heard that one before.", but it suits me perfectly.  :)  I miss shopping there.  That store was our weekly excursion.  An extension of our farm.  An expensive extension.  Goat feed, sheep feed, horse feed, chicken feed, meds, tack, bird seed, fly spray, salt blocks, vitamins, mineral blocks, oyster shell, grit...  I miss going there and dropping $80-$100 each time.  Now that all of the animals are gone I realize how much money we spent on them. 

Got a pedicure in the afternoon.  Oberlin was hopping with all of the graduates and their families.  The ceremony must have been last night or this morning because they were setting up the square with all the white chairs and podium.  There was a drum demonstration in the middle with some very big drums.  I enjoyed the pedicure.  It was only the 2nd time I have ever gotten one.  But, it really wasn't worth the money.

Already walked Scout today because it is going to get so hot.  We were  dripping at 9:00.  Today my goal is to clean the bathrooms and then continue chippping away at the crap we need to get rid of.  What I would like to do is have a whole house sale where people walk through, give us money, and take the stuff away.  But that means that I have to decide what we are taking first.  I plan on taking a huge bite out of that job today and tomorrow. 

Mark and the kids are coming home today.  I missed them and its a little too quiet now.  I hope they had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment