Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sunday

Today was just as busy as yesterday. I was going to go grocery shopping at 10:00 and I should have stuck to my plan. Instead I got the great idea of taking the kids to the Wooly Bear Festival. What a nightmare. After parking and waiting in line for the shuttle we got on the bus. It had no air conditioning and none of the windows would open. I got an instant headache bloom and felt like I couldn't breathe. When we pulled up behind the other bus to unload the driver would not let us get out because he had to let us disembark exactly where the other bus was letting out passengers. Even when I told him that I wasn't feeling well and asked him if we could get out he said no. Ridiculous! I told him that if I threw up on his bus he would have an even bigger problem. Jerk.

So, then we waded through 100,000 people all crammed into a 4 block radius. This is the biggest one day fair in Ohio. Wish I would have read that before we left. I held onto both of their hands and we tried to move through the streets. It was impossible. After about 5 minutes of this I asked Finn and Tali if they wanted to leave. They both said, Yes!

Then we tried to find somewhere to eat lunch, but everything was crowded. It was a crappy morning all around.

Dad came over and tried to install the spanish Rosetta Stone, but it just won't work. John and Holly came over to get the donkeys. Another fiasco. Pickles went in the trailer but only after we man-hauled her in. JoJo would not go in for anything. We tried to put a rope behind her, but she fought and fought and started slipping and panicking. It sucked. Finally we moved the trailer up onto the cement and she walked right in. Geesh. I rode with them in the trailer. JoJo looked out the window and shook, but she took it pretty well. Pickles leaned back on the halter the entire ride. She did not let up the pressure once. When we got to their new home they walked into the barn and were greated by Radar, a ginormous white mammoth gelding. Radar wanted to climb over the walls to get them. He pawed the ground and was very obnoxious. I hope he doesn't hurt them. He seems pretty crazy.

Mark and Pat worked hard today again scooping manure and flattening the pasture. Pat dug out the goat pen. I will put the girls and guys in together tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment