Sunday, October 16, 2011

Weekend Update

We had a great weekend with family to celebrate Finn's 8th birthday! We went bowling on Saturday at the Oberlin College Lanes. It is a very small alley with only 6 lanes, but perfect for a birthday party. Unfortunately only 1 of Finn's friends came. I think it was because it was a busy soccer Saturday, but it would have been nice if the parents would have at least let me know they weren't coming. Finn's face was so sad as he waited for his friends that never came. It broke my heart. Luckily, Gabriel showed up and then came Auntie, Hannah, Ben and Leo. They took his mind off of it and we were soon all happily bowling. It was actually nice to spread out over the 4 lanes and probably would have been much harder to get everyone on a lane, so that was actually a plus. We had pizza and cake, and then they turned on the Glow Bowl, which was a huge hit with the kids. It made Amanda and me a little nauseous though. Mom showed up and we headed home a bit later. Dad and Eileen, and Dad came over and we hung out as we usually do and had some food and drinks. Finn got lots of Legos and Transformers. The boys spent most of the time building with the Legos.

Amanda and the boys left today, and Mark and the kids and I went to Barnes and Noble to fix my Nook. Took about 40 min. but its finally working properly. I really, really love it.

Dad put Rosetta Stone on my computer and Tali and I began our lessons today. I love how interactive it is and Tali was very excited when she got parts of it right.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I don't know whatever happened to the common courtesy of RSVP'ing to parties/events. So rude - we had it happen to us too, several times when living in SO CA.
    Glad Finn's party turned out well anyway.

    ReplyDelete