Sunday, October 2, 2011

Weekend




Last week we cleaned out the red shed to use as a staging ground for a garage sale and for boxes labeled Goodwill or Keep. Yesterday we began to work on the closets and upstairs. Its amazing how many articles of clothing I don't wear that I must have lugged with us when we moved here 4 years ago. But this time, out they go! A Goodwill store opened at the top of the street, which seems awfully serendipitous to me.

The sun finally came out, so after breakfast I am going to walk Scout who is looking like a little blimp and then I'm going to continue with the upstairs. My goal is to finish it this week.

John is supposed to bring a deposit for the donkeys today and they should be going to their new home down the street next weekend. I'm happy that we will be able to visit them and make sure they are okay before we leave. Next weekend Ivy and Juliette will go into the barn pen with Samurai, and Dolly will be penned with Uno. I stupidly sold Mr. Tumnus not thinking that I would still need a wether. Now we have to ask our neighbor if she will let us borrow their Nubian wether, Frankie, to put in with Romeo so that he won't be alone. I wish someone would take Romeo already. Some lady wanted to buy the three does left and Romeo, but she didn't want to breed them. I kept telling her that they were too valuable to not breed, but she still asked if Romeo could be banded. Finally she got the message. I didn't understand her wanting mini-Nubians that she wouldn't breed. Weird.

A little girl from Firelands is interested in the chickens. She will be stopping by this week. I'm ready for them to be gone too. All they do is sit on the side porch when it rains (which it has been doing forever it seems) and poop all over the place.












No comments:

Post a Comment