Thursday, June 21, 2012

4 Days

and I have no idea how we are going to get all of this done. 

I know I have been blabbing on about how much I enjoy my morning walks with Scout, but I really do!  I go to bed looking forward to getting up in the morning, and the thought of going for a walk gets me out of bed the next day.  I like to get up at 6 and get going right away because the sun is still low in the sky and the bike path is shaded.  And there is no one on it.  If I wait until 7:00 like I did yesterday then only part of the path is shaded and it is much, much warmer.  The only thing I don't like about being the first one on the trail is the spider webs stretched across the path.  Today one hit me at face level right across the mouth.  Yuck.

I know I've also talked about the catbirds, but they are just so comical.  If you don't know, a catbird is a small light gray bird a little smaller than a robin with a darker gray cap.  Its own song sounds like a cat with a scratchy throat, but they are like mockingbirds and will sing a long roll of other bird's calls all mixed up together too.  They mostly sing the robin's call, but I can also hear a cardinal, blue jay, finch and sparrow.  Yesterday I thought I heard a Baltimore Oriole make its machine gun rat-a-tat-tat, but it was only a catbird fooling me.  There is one catbird that likes to sing at the top of a barren tree almost every morning.  It sings its little heart out.  That is until I come into its vacinity and then it always switches to the plaintive Meow, Meow.  Then once I pass the tree it starts back up with it rolling bird song. Funny. 

My shoulder is infected where they took out the mole.  The neosporin isn't doing the trick, so I'm going to try lavender.  It helped Finn's eye when he burned it with the marshmallow, so I might as well give it a go. The one on my leg doesn't hurt, but it fills up with liquid that I need to squeeze out every day.  Fun, right? 

Yesterday we headed to the beach at Lakeview Park with Nana and the cousins.  Right as I was turning onto Baumhart the vet called and said that Scout's paperwork was in, so I turned around and headed there.  Got the paperwork and then went to UPS for hopefully the last time.  Overnighted it with a return envelope, which should arrive on Friday.  $94.  :(

The beach was HOT!  It would have been fine if I was able to go in the water, but I could only go up to my knees.  Nana brought an umbrella so I tried to stay in the shade as much as possible.  It would get windy every once in awhile and we would have to hold onto the umbrella to keep it upright.  The breeze was both a blessing and a curse.  The boys and Tali had a great time, but Hannah?  Well, let's just say that she is a 14 year old girl and leave it at that.  We stayed until 5, grabbed some Taco Bell for dinner (probably for the last time) and then headed home to take it easy before hitting the hay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment