Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Crunch Time!

I am super tired, so if there are any typos, I apologize.  Yesterday Scout had her final vet exam and the health certificate was issued.  Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow from the USDA.  Then, on to the Ecuadorian Embassy in Washington.  Running out of time! 

Mark met with our lawyer and we are in the process of finishing up our wills and trusts.  I think he will be done with the final papers tomorrow or Thursday.  Luckily we were able to get this appointment with him.  Since he is an attorney notary he was able to notarize the papers and I could skip the step to the County Clerk.  That was a relief. 

We spent most of the day packing and packing and cleaning.  I think we are doing pretty good.  I have 6 footlockers packed and ready to go ranging in weight from 42 to 45 lbs.  Don't want to go over that dreaded 50 lbs.  We kept one of the kid/lamb scales behind and we are using that to weigh our luggage.  It has definitely come in handy. 

A few months ago I had bought two original Kindles for the kids.  There aren't going to be many children's books in English down there and I want them to still read, so I thought a Kindle would be a great way to keep them going.  Plus they were $30 off!  I decided to give them to Finn and Tali last night so that we could download a couple of books for the trip.  They were ecstatic.  They kept thanking me and Mark over and over and over again.  I appreciate that they feel real gratitude when they get something special. 

Today I had an appt. at the dermatologist's to get a cancer screening and to take a look at that spot on my leg.  The dr. ended up liquid nitrogining (made up word) the one on my leg and that hurt like crazy and continued to hurt for about an hour.  She also found a mole on my shoulder that I thought was kind of pretty, but that she said had to go!  So, she numbed that shoulder and scraped it off to be biopsied.  Didn't hurt a bit at the time.  It really hasn't bothered me all that much, although it is a bit hot to the touch and a little sore. 

We had quite a bit of running around to do after the drs.  Dropped paperwork off at lawyers and then we went to the Backpackers Shop.  I wanted to get more Smart Wool socks and to look at a back-up pair of hiking boots.  I ended up getting the exact same Tevas that I already have, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  I talked Mark into getting two pairs of Smart Wool socks and I don't think he will regret it even though they ARE $20 a pair.  Yikes!

Then we ate lunch and headed over to Charter One to finish up my IRA paperwork.  We were able to overcome a hurdle when we realized that my mother who has Power of Attorney will be able to sign the necessary paperwork in order for them to release the funds.  Otherwise it was going to be this huge ordeal getting my signature.  Yeah!

Our mailforwarding service is up and running.  It is pretty cool, I have to say.  I logged in and there were the covers of two scanned envelopes for Mark from STRS.  I clicked that I wanted them opened and the contents scanned and then I will be able to view the letters inside.  I can then decide whether I need the contents forwarded or shredded.  A very neat little service.

Back home to pack a few more suitcases.  Now I am beat and headed for bed.  Tomorrow...the beach with Nana and the cousins!!!  I can't go in the water because of my booboos.  I hope I can stay cool on what looks like a 95 degree day.  I'm going to bring my spray bottle and dip my feet in at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment