Friday, June 22, 2012

The Journey

I have to keep reminding myself why I'm doing this. Why I am moving so far from family and friends. I have the goal firmly in the front of my mind and it keeps me focused, but this is so far from easy. Last night I was reading my baby book and I came across a 6 page handwritten letter from my dad's friend, Rollie (not sure I spelled that right), congratulating my mom and dad on the birth of their baby girl. It was such a warm and heartfelt letter and it made me sad to think about what could have been and never was. Then I read a letter my Nana wrote to me when I was younger. It wasn't about anything important. Just the usual day to day stuff, but it reminded me of how Nana and I always wrote to each other when I was growing up. She always signed the letters with XXXOOO. So, I had myself a good cry last night. And on my walk this morning I just started sobbing again. Scout kept looking at me like, what the heck is going on? Then I had to wipe my eyes and nose on my t-shirt because I didn't have a Kleenex. Yuck. Why didnt i think to bring kleenex on my walk on the bikepath. Duh! I must be more stressed and emotional than I think I am.

  Mark took Finn to the dr.yesterday and I'm so glad he did. Another ear infection. He would have been miserable on the flight. I am a bit worried about the two of them in the mountains and how the climate is going to effect them. It could be better, but it could be worse. That is one of the reasons I don't want to get tied down in Cuenca with a business. There is a real possibility that we might have to move somewhere with a different climate.

  I tried to take the kids to the dentist too. What a nightmare. This is a new dentist because I wasn't happy with our other one. The waiting room is huge. We walked in and the entire room was filled with parents and kids. It was standing room only and we had a hard time just getting to the desk. I heard some guy say that he had been waiting for half and hour and I said forget it. We told them we weren't staying and got the hell out of there. We will go to a dentist in Cuenca. I'm sure it has got to be a better experience than that craziness.

  Dave came over and got our tv. We also gave him our computer desk. Chris arrived about the same time and got Grandpa's desk and the tandem. Mom came to give the kids back to Chris. We are going to meet mom and dad at The Feve for brunch on Sunday. The house was a complete disaster and Chris kept marveling about how much we still had to do, but within an hour of them leaving we had a good portion of the downstairs organized, cleaned and ready for packing. The rest of the day was spent packing. I think I am almost done. I have to pack up our comforter, my pillows and a few odds and ends. I'm hoping to stay under 14 bags, but we may end up with 15. Scout's paperwork should be arriving from the embassy today. Then I will be all done. Yeah! With not a moment to spare.

1 comment:

  1. I will be excited to follow your blog on your move to Cuenca! I have been here since Dec. 1st and loving it. I also write a blog about my move here, perhaps it might also help you with info about getting settled here. Hopefully I will run into all of you someday.

    AAA Living in Cuenca is my blog
    gas2335.blogspot.com

    I hope you enjoy your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete