Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Block Party

We had a great time at the block party down at Groot's tonight.  They were nice enough to plan it around our departure date.  I had a chiropractor appt. before and then ran to the children's thrift store to try and find Tali some long-sleeve shirts.  I love going to the chiropractor.  So relaxing and I like feeling all put back together again the right way.  I only found 3 shirts for Tali, but I did find her a cute jeans jacket.  Then I hurried over to Kohls for some shorts and a couple of pairs of yoga pants. 

I got to the party late so I didn't get to see Ruth put Mark on the spot and ask him to tell everybody about our plans.  Finn said he was embarrassed because everyone was staring at them and he hid his face.  The food was good and so was the conversation.  It was cold though!  I had pants and a jacket on and I was still cold.  We would have stayed a bit longer if it had been a bit warmer.

Today we ran all over the place again.  We headed down to the Board of Ed in the morning and had a heck of a time finding a parking place because it was Marine Week.  It was kind of cool, but I still didn't like the guns and tanks.  The Marine Band was very good though.  After going through security like Fort Knox and being shuffled around from floor to floor to floor, we finally got all of our paperwork taken care of.  Let's just hope that customer service prevails and they do their jobs and get our stuff where it needs to be.  Then we headed to UPS again and I got all of the paperwork sent to the Ohio Secretary of State to be apostilled.  Meanwhile Mark went across the street to the post office to mail in our application for the mail forwarding service.  Its a pretty cool service.  They will scan all of your mail for you and you can view it on your computer.  If you want them to open it, they will open it and scan the contents and you can see that on the computer.  You can either have them send it to you or you can ask them to shred it. 

I also signed us up for Club Correos.  I was pretty proud of myself because the website was in Spanish and I managed to open an account.  Club Correos is a company that operates out of Miami.  They give you an address and you can have packages shipped to that address. Then they ship it to you in Ecuador.  It has to be under 8 lbs. and under $400 in order to avoid customs.  So, if I wanted to order something from Amazon I have it sent to the address in Miami and they send it to me.  Since many apartments and houses in Ecuador don't have addresses I will have to pick up any packages at the Post Office.  They will call you and tell you when they have arrived.  Neat.  You can send packages through the Ecuadorian Post Office, but there is no guarantee that your package will arrive.  Club Correos supposedly does a good job of making sure your stuff gets to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment