Friday, June 15, 2012

Girl Scouts

Last night was Tali's Girl Scout picnic wrapping up the year.  I liked this year's party a little more than last.  There was less pomp and circumstance and more fun.  The girls played a lot and Finn finally joined in after dinner.  I set up a yahoo account for Tali and we gave Nicole her address so the girls can keep in touch.  Tali is very good friends with Nicole's daughter, Ella.  The leaders think that there might also be a Girl Scout badge that has something to do with pen pals, so next year the troop and Tali can write back and forth.

Mark went to his mom's yesterday while I stayed home to get things done.  I got a call from the Secretary of State and she has to send some of my paperwork back.  She was able to process the birth certificates, but not the dr.s letters or the background checks.  Turns out I need an affadavit with those.  I knew I was doing something wrong, but I couldn't figure out what.  The notary was not able to sign off on them so I just sent them on, not knowing how to fix it.  I found an affadavit sample online that I can use.  Now I need a notary to sign them and then I have to take them to the county clerk and then send them back to the Secretary of State.  It would be alot easier to just have an attorney notary sign off on them because that would allow me to skip the county clerk step, but that costs a lot of money.  If we are able to get an appt. with Jim Monjot either today or Monday I will have him do it.  That would be the best scenario, but we'll see.

I called the Ecuadorian Embassy and someone actually picked up the phone!  I was so startled that I forgot all of the questions I wanted to ask.  We have been trying for months to get ahold of someone with no luck.  Supposedly the building was damaged in the earthquake around Washington last year so they were moving buildings.  I was able to ask him about processing Scout's paperwork.  $50 money order, and he assured me that it would be processed in a timely manner.  It looked like I was going to be under a terrible time crunch with Scout's paperwork since I wasn't going to be able to have her seen by a vet until Tuesday, but a vet is going to be there on Monday so we will go in then.  That should give me just enough time to get it to the USDA, back again, to the Embassy and back. 

I started trying to pack some stuff yesterday just to see how it was going to go.  I had bought some Space Saver bags and I was eager to try them out.  Those things are awesome!  We are allowing Finn and Tali to take all of their stuffed animals of which there are many.  They don't have a lot of toys and I wanted them to have some comforts from home.  Really, the only things they will have to take are their animals and legos.  We can get paper and art supplies there, and they are used to creating their own toys both inside and outside the house.  I bought both of them one of the cheapest Kindles since there aren't going to be many children's books in English.  So they have those too. I was able to get all of their clothes (and I brought a lot) into two bags.  One bag went into Tali's footlocker and one bag into Finn's.  They rest is filled with stuffed animals.  I cannot believe that I got all of their stuff into one footlocker each.  And they only weigh 30lbs.  I'll probably shove some of my cookbooks in there since I have 20lbs. to work with.

I think I'm going to need one footlocker for comforters and one for computer equipment.  We are bringing a king-size, queen-size and the two twin-size down comforters for warmth.  I am also bringing my duvet and pillow set.  I worked too hard saving up for that set and I love it. 

Oh, I also need a suitcase for our artwork and the kid's memory stuff.  I really need to get cracking on going through pictures.  The idea is to go to Walmart and scan all of them, but I need to go through them first in order to do that and for some reason I have been procrastinating. 

I am really enjoying my 6 a.m. walks with Scout.  I love seeing all of the birds...blue birds, goldfinches, cedar waxwings.  Can't forget the catbirds.  They are so funny. 

Ruth took Grandma's white chest.  She has the perfect house for it.  I wish there was some way to get our table over to Michele and Joe's. 

As of Monday we will have no tv.  I had to cut it off early so that Direct TV could send us the boxes to send the equipment back.  I'm going to miss all of my shows.  Bummer, but I guess I'd better get used to it.  I still can't figure out how to watch the shows on my computer. 

Our new camers, my new ipod docking station and my new ipad case should be arriving today.  Can't wait to start playing with the camera.  Dad recommended it to us and it looks awesome.  I'm glad it arrived in time for the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment