Monday, June 4, 2012

TWO


We had a really good weekend. On Saturday we went to Columbiana.  First we stopped by Krista's house and visited with Grandma.  Then we went to Laurie's house where everyone was meeting.  Mark had told me we were going to a party, but it was really a small get-together.  Four of his women friends and us.  A couple of guys were supposed to show up later, but we left before they got there.  All of the ladies were super sweet to me and the kids.  They were very, very nice and I felt very welcomed.  We enjoyed some good food, beer and good conversation.

On Sunday we had Tali's bday party.  Mom and Dad and Dad and Eileen came.  Pat also stopped by.  It was very relaxing.  We had lots of beer, pizza, and cake.  I forgot the stupid ice cream again.  I was so aggravated. 

I was feeling a bit sad today. The eight graders were coming to say good-bye and one of my former students, Jonathan Rodriguez, came to say hello. Jonathan graduated with honors from John Hay High School-Science and Medicine. He is off to Ohio State University in August on a full 4 year scholarship! Great kid. He is so tall and buff now. He could have picked me up and swung me around. In 4th grade I used to call him a bull in a china shop. LOL

Mark had their staffing meeting today.  Denison is being staffed at 1 to 58.

Faxed the paperwork to Great American Life.  Hopefully they get it to the district in a timely manner and the district does what it is supposed to do.  It would be very nice to have that check cut before we leave.  I tried to complete the homeschooling paperwork, but I am ready to give up.  I talked to the superintendent of Firelands, the principal at their school, three people at ESC, and two people at ODE.  No one can tell me what to do with the paperwork.  I find it very hard to believe that not one homeschooling family in Ohio is doing it from abroad.  I am feeling very frustrated with the whole thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment