Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Stress, Stress and more Stress

I am going to weigh about 200 lbs before this is all said and done.  I am so stressed.  The house sale was a huge success, but holy shit!  Friday was a whirlwind.  People started pouring in at 9:00a.m. and I could not catch my breath until noon.  I didn't even get to eat breakfast.  At least I had taken a shower before 9.  It really didn't let up all day.  Saturday was just as bad and even though we said it was over at 5:00, people still showed up in the evening hours.  Just when we sat down someone else would pull into the driveway.  Sunday was a bit slower, but still a steady stream of people.  We sold everything except the kitchen table, the couch and loveseat, and our bed.  So, I'm not complaining.  Everything that was left we packed up and put onto Gordon's trailer to be taken to Love, Inc., an organization that Gordon and Ruth are involved in.

Yesterday we headed down to STRS to finalize my roll-over and Mark's pension.  Everything is going well on that end.  We spent the evening with the cousins.  The kids walked up to Kroger's and picked out something to eat.  Finn and Tali enjoyed that. After we fed them we headed to North Star Cafe for a very expensive dinner.  The food was good, but a little high-priced for a walk-through cafe.  Chris was under the weather so we didn't stay long. 

Since we have all been out of school we have gone through our yearly week from hell with the kids.  Finn has been especially obnoxious.  But finally yesterday we had a break-through and I think he is back.  Hopefully.  I think (hope) seeing his mother cry put things into perspective.  He really was being a complete little shit. 

Today I worked on my "green notebook list" that I update hourly of things to do.  We have a driver from Quito to Cuenca, which is good news.  Jack Abercrombie.  He has this huge, adapted truck that will fit all of our luggage and us as well.  We contacted and shut off all of our utilities.  I got our Verizon phones synchronized so that we will still have service while in Miami and in Ecuador should we choose to keep it.  Minutes are expensive, but it will be nice to be able to text.  I made all of our dr. appts...dematologist, chiropractor, dentist, vet.  Plus a hair cut and color for me.  I contacted Great American Life and my annuity is ready.  I set up mailbox forwarding and got Finn's health check from the dr.  I sent a thank you letter to Devon at Vital Statistics thanking her for helping me with the birth certificates.  I sent my new email address out, emailed Marines for a visa check-up, and called LAN for a final check.  That phone call really got me going.  The guy was a total jerk.  First of all, there are no other flights at all on that day, the next, or ever other than the one we are on.  Which means that Scout just has to get on it.  Then the idiot told me that I could not take the number of suitcases that I wanted to take.  He kept saying that I needed to contact the individual airline. I thought that was who I was talking to!!!!!  Idiot!!!!  So, now I am completely freaked out again about Scout.   Then I went to Aphis to find the link to the animal requirements to give to someone on Facebook who is transporting their dog and NOW the requirements say that the health certificate needs to be in SPANISH too!  How am I going to get Scout to the vet to be seen by the vet, send the health certificate to the USDA vet in Pickerington, get the certificate back, have it translated, and then sent to the embassy in Washington all within 10 days of travel.  Breathe, breathe, breathe.

We went to the bank this afternoon to fill out the paperwork for my rollover.  That took awhile, but I think we have decided what to do.  Tomorrow we head to the district to have the fiscal officer sign off on my paperwork.  Then to the County Clerk to have the health certificates and background checks certified, then to a notary, then UPS to get everything sent out.

No comments:

Post a Comment